Saturday, 6 December 2014

Generic Travel Post | No.1

Two weeks in London, saw a few sights, did a medium amount of shopping and slept a lot. Here's my two week round up of a few of the things that I have taken part in during my time in London. 


Harry Potter Studios 
I'll start with my trip to the Harry Potter studio tour. Something I've wanted to do for a very long time and even though I was by myself, it was something I couldn't miss while in London. I can't even begin to describe how amazing it was to see all the props and the sets where the movies were made. I almost don't want to give too much away because my description won't do it justice, and it would ruin the magic a bit if you knew what to expect before you had been.
The studio is also one of only two or three places in the entire world where you can try butterbeer. A drink depicted in the Harry Potter franchise. Obviously I had to try some. It was very sweet. Almost a mixture of creamy soda and butterscotch. 


Winter Wonderland
The next stop was Winter Wonderland which is hosted in Hyde Park. Complete with ice skating rink, ferris wheel and a strange amount of German food. The night consisted mostly of drinking mulled wine and cider, eating German food, laughing at people who can't ice-skate and sitting in the Bavarian Village listening to euro trash and song covers. 



For those who are wondering, I have seen a few sights. Have I done London right? 

St Paul's Cathedral 
View of The Shard from the Thames 
Camden Lock Market 
Regents Canal 


Some small differences i've noticed are; firstly, chocolate in the UK does not taste the same as it does in Australia. Not at all. It's not bad, it's just not as good. Secondly, the chocolate might be worse here, but the yoghurt is definitely better. The Waitrose brand yoghurt for 80p is hand crafted by angels and sent down from heaven on a rainbow. It's delicious and I could probably eat that, and only that for the rest of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment