Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Banana & Blueberry Loaf

Having lived out of home for almost two years I hardly ever baked. In fact, I hardly even cooked a fancy meal. My diet consisted of mostly jar pasta sauce and toasted cheese sandwiches. Earlier this month though I had to move back into my parents place, which means I can bake a lot more often now.

I'm going to put a twist on the classic Banana Bread and am going to attempt to bake a semi-edible Banana and Blueberry Loaf.

For this recipe you will need -
1/2 cup (125ml) mashed overripe banana
1/2 cup caster sugar
140g apple fruit puree
2 eggs
1/2 (125 ml) reduced-fat milk
1 tbls olive oil
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 blueberries



Firstly you will need to preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.

Now it's time to mash your bananas. They're supposed to be overripe bananas, but I didn't have any for the occasion and had to settle for freshly bought ones. 

Combine the banana, sugar, apple, eggs, milk and oil in a large bowl. Then sift the flour over the mixture.


Combine the flour and banana mixture. When it is mostly combined, add the blueberries and gently fold them through.


Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. You're kitchen should now smell like heaven.  (Whatever heaven smells like)

Then let your loaf sit for 10 minutes to cool. 



I should tell you that despite the recipe working, I accidentally added three times the amount of apple puree needed, and had to scoop it all out. (oops) 

If you liked this recipe and you have any suggestions as to what I can make next, comment them below. 
If anyone does make this recipe, take a photo and tag me in it on either twitter or instagram so I can see how they turned out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment